Monday, October 3, 2011

What! Another t-shirt quilt?

Yes, over the years my daughters collected t-shirts. Ever since they came home from the hospital. Rosemary is due to have her collection turned into a college graduation present, so I have until next May to piece and quilt hers. I know there have been at least two occasions where the girls joined me to iron stabilizer onto the backs of their shirts, and am I glad that was done to so many. I still have to add some to a few high school, cross country and orchestra shirts, but that will be a breeze. For now, I have the prepared shirt pieces up on the design wall and I have about ten fabrics picked out from the stash to use for block borders. I'm going to use the layout and piecing techniques I have used for my Dad's and the two Tom's t's quilts. We've really liked the crazy quilt feel to them. So far this is what it looks like:
Rosemary checked it out this weekend and she had me pull three off the layout that she thinks will be better off in Amanda's set of t's. I still have the high school ones to add. She enjoyed pointing out to Shawn (her boyfriend) her favorites. That's the point of this exercise of love. Bringing back the good memories. I'll add updates as I dig into the block construction and it starts to take shape. I really need to make fast progress on this one, because I think Amanda may want hers next year for her high school graduation commemoration.

No comments:

Post a Comment