Friday, October 28, 2011

Quilt Show Ribbons

I was on the ribbon committee for my local quilt guild, Illini Country Stitchers, which means we crafted over 3 dozen ribbons to award at our early October non-juried quilt show. I like this work, and my committee of three did a great job. Below are the ribbons completed. I did Yellow, or third place, and the Purple, or Best in Show. The small ones measure 3" square, and the purple I think is 5" square. That purple one is a 9x9 Trip Around the World. The one awarded also had a tag at the bottom identifying the show and award, as do the little ones. These are some of the extras we did for the tied categories. A record number of 7 ties!

So I had to post this just to show what took up a few Saturdays this fall, and several evenings of late. Unfortunately, I didn't win one this year, and the ties took up the extra ones we did for posterity. I think there is the spare purple, and one red one left over. Maybe I'll whip up a yellow and blue one just for the fun of it. I like having duplicates and am thinking of doing a display of past ribbons for a future guild show.

No comments:

Post a Comment