Monday, January 31, 2011

When will winter end?

Ok, our area has been slammed over and over with precipitation this winter and I'm tired of it. We've had 2 days since December 1 with no white on the ground. That is not now, although a lot melted over the weekend. Today we expect freezing rain to start mid-afternoon, with probable snow arriving tomorrow on top of that. Yikes!

Nothing I can do about it though. Except gear up for more shoveling. Will this translate into a day off from work? I can hope, though the University rarely shuts down. May be good reason to sit tight Tuesday and/or Wednesday at home and just take the day off. Think I'll pack accordingly on my way out the door today.

So the past weekend I started quilting the bubbles on batik quilt. Four bobbins later, and two of the seven panels are done. My poor old Pfaff doesn't like the intensive sewing. Hang in a little longer sweetie. I also played with creating a pattern for a small ruler holder. Made my first set of pockets, which of course ended up 1/2" too narrow, to hold my 6 1/2" square. That's the largest one I wanted to have in there. So for now I'll use this pocket set to hold smaller ones and rethink the cutting sizes and sewing techniques to make it a bit wider.

This will hopefully be a great item for me. When on retreat, or even at home, I find my small rulers like to hide in crevices, wander the cutting table, and disappear at the worst times. I want something to corral about 8 small rulers of various sizes in one place. Something I can grab and go with just for these babies. I'll let you know how I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment