Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Christmas almost packed away

My free time last night was used to sort and repack our family's holiday decorations. While I have 2 shelving units (9 shelves) full of assorted items, including one dismantled tree, there were only 3 boxes I deem really necessary for decorating our home.


I have to wait for DD1 to unload her apartment decorations and tree from a car trunk to truly have everything stowed away, but I'm close. I still have to figure out the best place to stash two more artificial trees that just don't break down into branches, but also don't repack very well in their original boxes. No matter how much we smash the branches together and flatten that sucker!

While I finished all the black bias edging on Celtic Cat, I'm not too wild about it. I don't know where the pattern maker got her binding, but the stuff for sale in the Midwest is thick enough to not allow me to turn sharp curves, and I just don't think I like the way leaf points look. I didn't even try to do the facial features they show-just no way would they be delicate enough. So I need to sit on that project a bit, maybe put it on the wall to speak to me, before I layer and start sewing the black down. I'll post that pic later this week.

So I think I'll take up my batik strip quilt with bubbles to continue with the black stitching around the bubbles. Then I can piece the batik back, layer and get that quilted. Target date is to finish that project by mid-February.

I also have to finish the two mystery round robin corner set ins. I know what to do with the batik star, but am stumped with the flower one. Again, I'll post pics this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment