Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year 2011

Another year has simply flown by, but what a good year it was. I had the last two weeks off from work, and there was a lot to do at home. Cooking, baking, candy making, and of course some quilting. I raced to finish quilting and bind the two Tom's t-shirt quilts made for my sister and Tom's daughter Jan. Jeanne got hers last Wednesday; she got first choice. I'll now add the label to Jan's and bring it back to St. Louis when Jan is also in town so she can have hers. Here they are:

Jan's quilt

Jeanne's quilt

I simply meandered the quilting all over in loops.

So good to have these done. They were fun to design and relatively quick to quilt.

Now on to other projects. I spent some time adding the fusible black bias to the Celtic Cat wall hanging. Still need to outline the cats on that one. Maybe tonight. I'll show that soon. I also need to spend some time reorganizing the holiday storage in the basement, an annual event for me. We took down all the Christmas decorations New Year's Day, but I didn't put them away yet. They are all over the basement, spilling over into my sewing area, on purpose. One sure way I'll put them away sooner rather than later. Then perhaps I should spend some time cleaning up the sewing space? I still have some select non-quilt items taking up floor space that I could photograph and put on Craig's list for sale.

That's it for now. No 2011 resolutions to post. I'm just going to work my way down that UFO list I have and make every effort to keep quilting time on my weekly list of things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment