Friday, January 14, 2011

Long weekend ahead-Yippeeee!

I know it's just been two weeks since I got back to work after that nice long holiday break. But if feels like two months. Boy where did the time go? Where did my sleeping hours go? Seems my DD was up soooo late too many school nights, and I was up with her in sympathy, if not in actual homework support. I've told my girls that if I knew 22 years ago I would be taking chemistry or physics again for their sake, I would have stayed childless! Really, that's how it seems, only worse, because I don't have the benefit of going to their classes and having the stuff explained. I swear the chemistry and physics teacher associations have conspired to not let anything helpful be on the internet. Ok, I can find the formulas, and explanation on why you use them, and what the variables all mean etc. But useful examples that are anything close to what my kids get for homework? Forget it!

So I am really looking forward to three days of vacation. Yes, some time will go towards housework, grocery shopping, cooking. Another huge chunk I'll spend keeping up with my DD's classwork so I can have an educated discussion about Civil War reconstruction issues or significant passages in "Ethan Frome" or her first  efforts with pre-calculus subjects or (lord help me) the newest physics topics. But I also know there will be more time available to get downstairs to the sewing machine.

So my goal for the weekend:
  1. Sew down all the black circles on the 'bubble' batik quilt, do a photo and post that. The for good measure, piece its back. Basting would be great, but not required.
  2. Solve the issues I have with Celtic Cat and get that puppy (ok kitty) layered. I'd like to be able to start that quilting along the leading soon. Again, a photo would be nice.
I'll post later to tell you how I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment