Wednesday, November 19, 2014

UFO for Future Inspiration

Another set of blocks, or really pieces of blocks, is left over from a Hunter's Star workshop. I was disappointed because I wanted the class to show me a faster technique to sew the trapezoids to the triangles, or at least a more foolproof way, so I wouldn't have to think about getting the seam allowances right. Alas, no, the class presented a better way to accurately cut the pieces, but my chain piecing did not give me the accuracy I needed. No time to resew, but all the pieces done wrong were unsewn.

It was also a class that begged for having everything on a design wall-and I didn't have one large enough at the class venue. So I satisfied my goals of cutting the fabrics, and there the project has sat for almost 4 years. My last visit to the cut fabrics had this result.

Ok, I am not wild about all that gold. I thought I'd post this to remind me to pull the project out next month and play with it a bit. The blue, cream and black print are all cat fabrics. Maybe I revisit my cat fabric stash to see if there is now a fourth dominant color of cat fabrics that should go into the quilt. I think what bothers me is the lack of business in the gold. Or perhaps imagine some very decorative and contrasting quilting in the gold space.... cats? mice?

Anyway, the photo reminds me I have some posting to do to celebrate the basement remodel we did earlier this winter-those bare light bulbs and rafters are a thing of the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment