Friday, November 14, 2014

Continuing on the Travel Inspiration Road



What else have I found while traveling that makes me itch to get to the sewing room?

How about more pavers spotted in Honduras this time. So random, a large expanse of grey diamonds and then throw in red and brown as if without a plan. I thought 'could work with the new Modern Quilt esthetic?

Then there were the coils of incense hanging from the roof of the Chinese temple in Ho Chi Minh City:

They seemed to glow with their translucent quality.

The French Provincial style of the post office in Ho Chi Minh was magnificent, and the floor was so unexpected.


The sights and sounds that inspire me while traveling make me miss my free time at home to be quilting. Unfortunately, once I'm home it isn't easy to translate the inspirations into something new. Eventually though.



No comments:

Post a Comment