Thursday, November 13, 2014

Travel inspirations


 



I've been in the air and on the road a lot in the past 3 months, traveling for work. Along the way I keep getting inspired with hotel and restaurant design elements that scream for me to remember them for something quilty. Maybe a quilt pattern, or a block, or a way to combine colors.

This is from a hotel in Honduras: this swirly floral print is rug in the hallway could be applique inspiration.

This is a paving stone I kept seeing in the sidewalks of Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam-I'm thinking block pattern:



This one I saw in a restroom in Washington D.C. and I thought it will make a great border treatment for some quilt in the future. Not the blue and white 'snowball' type of pattern, but the all white edge treatment....or maybe both?



No comments:

Post a Comment