Monday, February 8, 2010

The retreat high

Just returned from 3 days (about 26 hours actual quilting time and 2 1/2 hours quilt store time) retreating at a B&B in Chrisman IL with 5 quilting buddies. I worked on 3 projects. I did nine more units on the Cynthia England cat-on-a-quilt wallhanging (so 13 done, 19 more to go), and these two mini quilts from  Laura Wasilowski patterns. Sunday I did one paper pieced unit from an original design that will eventually frame the flower vase blocks done in gaggy 30s I posted earlier. Really wish I had another retreat day, but I always say that.

The shopping netted the fabrics for the wall hangings, and two fabrics needed to complete a 17 year old baby quilt project for my 16 year old daughter. More on that when I get it further along. It's a quilt-as-you-go project that now will mean more work than I anticipated to get the finished blocks set with sashing. I also did some consideration of just how to create a mini-ruler tote/case. I think I'll work that project into the larger guild retreat I'll go to in May.

Finally, I can't resist posting a photo of our cat Alice, who recently found the bed with the down comforter to be just to her liking. I''m hoping to adapt the England quilt to reflect her cool split face coloring. I'll get a picture of her buddy George posted soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment