Friday, February 12, 2010

More t-shirt progress

I did the cropping of the stabilized t-shirts from Tom R. This is the layout below. I'm not sure if this is the final version. Next I measure the length and width of the layout and decide if it needs to be longer and narrower. Then I'll measure each piece and do a rough map. At that stage I decide how the top can be broken up into 5-6 units that will go together with the minimum (or no) set-in pieces. I've already set myself up for some set-in of the blocks with that large black piece in the upper right. I think it will be worth it to be able to keep that piece in the top. Soon I'll be at the fun stage of picking fabrics to use to border each piece. I'll be sure to use some that were in the first Tom R. t-shirt quilt-don't know why. It just seems right to make them have something in common.

No comments:

Post a Comment