Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Looking on the bright side

I really need to stop posting what I think I'll accomplish. I rarely meet the mark. So all I've done with t-shirt projects below is cut the stabilizer pieces for the rough cut t's on the wall. No more machine quilting done on Dad's t-shirt quilt. I did instead finish stripping and repainting a small table, and got that out of the center of the workspace, and upstairs where it belonged. I also had a Sunday sewing time with friends at the local quilt store, but I took along my detailed Cynthia England cat quilt kit to work on. Now there are 4 of the 30+ units done.

Last night I dug out a 17 year old project that was to be a baby quilt for my youngest DD. Found 12 quilt blocks ready to be set, all hand quilted in the quilt as you go method. I'll get her blessing on how to do the setting squares and triangles (it's set on point), and take that to the retreat in 9 days (9 DAYS ONLY!)

I'll also pack along the t-shirt quilt I'm quilting (no way it will be completed though), the England cat project, and my Mitchell's cat drawing I'm still drafting for piecework. For fun I'm also bringing a project for developing a kit that will hold all the mini rulers most quilters get.

Maybe I'll get the t's on the wall stabilized soon. Maybe not. I'm enjoying just sitting on the comfy couch down there, wrapped in a quilt with cat Alice, and perusing patterns and books that inspire me. Lately I've considered trying my hands at dying fabrics with cool surface designs. Not sure if I'll really take the plunge.

No comments:

Post a Comment