Monday, January 11, 2010

First, some photos of the first Tom R. t-shirt quilt top, next on my list of things to quilt.



It's just a bit larger than twin bed sized I think. 


I started laying out the second set of t-shirts from Tom R. This is how they look so far. Next step (this coming weekend?) will be to trim and stabilize them with fusible interfacing. Then they go back on the wall and I draw a diagram of the quilt with rough measurements of each piece, with space for block borders. Then I audition border fabrics, and come up with at least a dozen I'll add to each block. Next, I start adding borders and fitting blocks into chunks that are self contained sections of the top that will hopefully be put together with no set-ins.

For next weekend, I'll settle with stabilizing the blocks. Perhaps by the 3 day weekend I'll take a day and get the top assembled.

I have a retreat coming up Feb. 5-7, and I'd love to have this t-shirt quilt top pieced, and much of my Dad's t-shirt quilt quilted, by then, so I don't feel obligated to bring those projects with me. I'd love to bring other quilts that require large chunks of uninterupted sewing time to the retreat.



No comments:

Post a Comment