Tuesday, January 5, 2010

OK, it's 2010. I spent time over the holidays clearing out stuff from my basement, where I have my quilting workspace. It was depressing heading down those stairs, after months of accumulated junk had been deposited there in 2009. As my mom headed towards selling our family's home, I kept bringing back more mementos-often lots of mementos.

Now I have places to store them. I should have taken some before and after photos. Drat.

What I did since my long ago last post:
  1. Layered and quilted Jackson's quilt. It took a blue ribbon at my guild's quilt show in the child/crib quilt category.
  2. Made 30+ show ribbons for the quilt show (with help of a wonderful committee). I'll get some photos of those posted soon.
  3. Assembled a top of t-shirts from my brother-in-law Tom, for a memory quilt. Only used half of his shirts, so there is enough to make a second one. One will be for my sister (his wife) Jeanne, and the other for his daughter Jan. Projects to finish in 2010. (photo to come)
  4. Layered my Dad's t-shirt top. First I made the back covered with his famous sayings. This is my quilting project to finish by my February birthday.
  5. Made all the brightly colored Jacob's Ladder and 16 patch blocks (with a black background) for a future dd Amanda quilt. (photo to come)
  6. And of course, cleaned out my sewing space. Got reacquainted with UFO's, projects I dream of doing, purged fabrics, and made room for a hand-me-down couch for relaxing breaks from the machine quilting to come in the upcoming weeks. Best of all, I can use my cutting table again, and know where all my supplies are.
Now for my list of things to do in the first half of 2010:
  1. Quilt my t-shirt quilt
  2. Piece the second Tom t-shirt quilt top
  3. Assemble the black and colorful quilt blocks into a twin bed top
  4. Work on the paper pieced components of my gaggy 30's quilt top
  5. Make progress on the complicated pieced cat wall hanging (I'll get the designer's name soon). Also, hopefully find the first 2 pieced sections I did last year! Now where did I put them?
  6. Draft the Mitchell's cat wall hanging (will use the piecing technique I'm mastering in Item 5 project)
No promise these will get done, or in what order I'll feel like working. Just good to put my ideas down for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment