Friday, July 1, 2011

July already!

I feel like my summer has just begun, but June is now behind me. No photos today, but just a quick update. My DD turns 18 tomorrow. Those years have just flown by. I'm so proud of my youngest. I have been home from the Sulky experience just one week. In that time I made a nice tote bag as a gift for a coworker using a purchased canvas bag and covering it with batiks from my stash. Good experience. I'm tempted to do another just to fine tune the technique. I then spent an evening cleaning up my sewing area, again. I'm feeling so closed in in my workspace, but it isn't for lack of square footage. I think it's time I addressed the rest of the basement getting the charity items out of there, and doing the filing.

This long holiday weekend I'll get some sewing time. DD wants to start the sewing/quilting of her horse picture we got from Big Fork Bay Cotton Shop. I meet with two quilting buddies to do fabric cutting as the next step in ribbon making for the guild quilt show. I really want to get the summer purse done. I think I need to come up with piecework to serve as handle covers. I also must get Brady's quilt layered.

I find myself not going home to St. Louis to see family just because I don't have that baby quilt done. I need to get cracking.

No comments:

Post a Comment