Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Show and Tell

I set those embroidered cat blocks into a top! Yipee! Here is how it looks. It went together really fast, but that is judging time caught between quilting that baby quilt.

The baby quilt went into the wash today, to wash away all the sticky basting spray that was making it feel so stiff. I'm not impressed with the stitch in the ditch part of that quilt, but used the disappearing ink marker for the first time to mark and follow some curved quilting elements.

So productive 10 days or so. Because somewhere in there I also got through 3 big Harry Potter books. I won't get numbers 6 and 7 done before the big Potter finale this weekend. If it was just me, I'd wait till next week to go to it in the theaters so I could read them again. But alas, I have DDs that want to get to it Friday afternoon.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment