Monday, April 26, 2010

Can April 2010 really be coming to an end?

It's mid spring around here. Where did January through March go? I had 3 hours of time spent on Mitchel's Cat yesterday-I have 2 more colors to get cut out and put on the collage-like foundation. Then I need to do my trimming so I have the right edges on top. Soon I'll be pressing it all down. I need this to be stuck together before I go on retreat May 13 as I don't want to possibly get another person's iron all sticky, but can't use a personal iron there (we start blowing fuses). This I will definitely show here when the pressing is done.

Retreat projects I propose to do so far include (which may change):
1. quilting my Dad's t-shirt quilt
2. stitching down Mitchel's cat quilt edges-maybe layering and quilting this too
3. creating gaggy 30's paper pieced flowers for below the window
4. binding a Linus quilt
5. something with jelly roll strips from the Chicago show
6. preparing the blocks for that cat pattern with the design done in outline stiches

No comments:

Post a Comment