Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Behind on quilting, catching up on the little things

So it's been almost two weeks since the Kimberly Einmo class, and I still haven't posted photos of my project. I finished all 16 of the blocks, but they aren't set. They are stunning when laid out in her original set, but I got to playing and I like another minor variation of the layout. Now I'm trying to clear my design wall to see if there are other possibilities for the block set. I'll get photos of those variations soon.

My time drags were: painting a large bathroom and helping my DD paint her bedroom, weekend travel for Easter, and doing taxes. Somewhere in there 2 books distracted me too.

I'm working on the gaggy 30's project again. I am finishing the arcs that would go above the framed flower vases. I'll get that section done this weekend (really I will) and post a picture. Next on that project is cutting side panels for some vine appliques-thinking the buttonhole stitching would be good handwork to have ready when we make a trip this summer to CO. Then that project can come down for a bit and the Einmo variations can go up.

I'm still working in fits and starts on Mitchel's cat. The fusible is cut and ready to go on fabric backs. That I'd like to have pieces fused to the background before the May 14th retreat so I can layer and quilt that. Yes, it's time to dream of retreat projects. So far it may be a lot of quilting, which is not good for my shoulders and back. I'll have to find some piecing to bring along too.

Now on to readying photos of my back yard to send to my brother-in-law so he can advise me on what can be done to spruce it up. Hopefully I can get him and my brother to come up from St. Louis to do the work-he does fantastic stonework and landscaping.

No comments:

Post a Comment