Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I owed myself some time.

Time to recharge, time to relax, time to sew. I stole away Saturday afternoon and evening, plugged in a movie or two I could watch but still do some work, and then picked up all the cut pieces to this handy little purse insert I started from a pattern purchased at the October quilt show. I got it done!
It took a while, but now that I have one done, I want to do more. I used a great Sulky iron on medium weight stabilizer, and it gives it a very professionally done feel. The colors are bright and cheerful. I think I'm going to now take these fabrics and a coordinating while on black piece and see if I have enough to make a coordinating purse. BTW-the pattern is from Studio Kat designs, and is their Portapockets purse insert pattern #01400. There were a lot of pieces to cut, and that took a while, but the directions were great. The worst part of the work was adding the binding to the outside edges but that was my fault, since I went a bit too small on the binding fabric width. I could have used some guidance on how wide to make that. But I got it to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment