Tuesday, June 30, 2015

June About to End

I've made the first stab at Amanda's t-shirt quilt by getting the first choices stabilized, trimmed, and composed. I think I need to take it down for a few months to free up the design wall for smaller projects, but this will get my attention come fall so I can have it done before her graduation from SIUC in May.End of May and early June we had a bumper crop of irises, mostly the purple type, but the yellows and browns made a good showing this year.
 .
June 2015 is ending today. What a whirlwind this month and this year has been so far, and it's not half over. Here are some late spring colors I found outside a local art museum. Just because.

I've had a dry spell in getting any sewing done for many weeks. I can't blame it on work travel-I've been around for 12 weeks. I will have a guild retreat in 2 weeks, so I'll have to get moving on kitting up some projects. There are two more 2015 babies that will need quilts! That may be what I need for an incentive. 



No comments:

Post a Comment