Friday, September 16, 2011

Fall already!

It's mid-September. In the midwest, we've had definite fall weather. I got to feeling my workspace was dark and dank, so I've spent a few evenings decluttering surfaces and getting the floor cleared. I plan to rearrange some furniture this weekend, which always does me good. I also have some projects cut out to finish, and some fabric to select (buy?) for a Jan Krentz workshop next Friday. Woo hoo! I'll get some photos snapped and posted.

I went on a Labor Day guild retreat. Got a lot done, little projects finished, and two quilts quilted for the guild show in October. I took time to play with some blocks I hadn't set yet. They are Jacob's ladder blocks done using Pat Speth's piecing techniques when she came for a guild workshop. Then I've made patchwork blocks for a border, but I'm second guessing the design. Put the border on point, put it straight set, or just use them for a quilt back and make it reversible? It would be small if I do the last. Here are my options so far:

No comments:

Post a Comment