Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Chicago inspiration

So while in Chicago in April, visiting UIC with my daughter, we roamed downtown for a quick feel of the city streets. How cool it is to drive between the towering buildings-a perverse sense of being in a brick, glass and steel forest. I was driving, and this building and it's reflecting windows caught my eye. Don't know why it screamed quilt inspiration when I later saw the image.

 But then I put it into some software and simply cropped it down to what really caught my eye. Kind of a random variation in values. Not real wild about the dark colors, but this may merit some more tinkering in the software. Vary the colors maybe, maybe repeat a window or two to get some consistent patterns.

So I realized these needed to go to the blog so I can visit the idea again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment